Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Anuar is a Bain alumnus with +20 years of experience working with Private Equity Groups and F500 Cos. He helps C-suite executives and Investors define Total Addressable Markets, conduct Due Diligence and Merger & Acquisition processes, and create growth strategies. Anuar mainly works in the TMT space helping Telcos and SaaS Cos boost their topline through Pricing, and accelerating their growth through data-driven Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies. Anuar holds an MBA from INSEAD.
Doubling profit and growing revenue by 1.5 X by switching to SaaS subscription for MedTech Co
Revenue Acceleration Framework for SaaS Companies
Successful $20 Million Capital Raise and Valuation for a Medtech Company
Identifying a $10 billion TAM for Software Co
- Completed a Vendor Due Diligence (VDD) for a High-Performance Specialty Materials Co, including the creation of a Confidential Investment Memorandum, that led to the sale of the company for $1.8 billion.
- Defined the Enterprise service offering for a Top 3 Cloud Vendor by interviewing +25 current and former CTOs and CIOs (the target audience) at F100 companies including UBER, Citi, Johnson & Johnson, and Macy's, among others.
- Increased the revenues of EdTech Software Co by 250% by defining a Go-To-Market strategy including the target audience, messaging, enabling sales processes, licensing terms (pricing), and distribution channels.
- Successfully raised +$20 million for a pre-revenue Medical Device company in the neuro-imaging space by validating a valuation and helping the C-suite with the negotiations with VCs and private investors.
- Transformed the Go-To-Market strategy for a F500 SaaS player serving the financial industry by defining a Target Operating Model (TOM) that allowed the company to leverage platform sales of its different SaaS offerings.
- Led a $7 million Series A capital raise for a London-based online travel agency and was responsible for generating a company valuation, defining the company's growth strategy, and finding strategic investors.
- Doubled the profit and increased revenues by 1.5 X for a Medical Device Co. To achieve this, we identified the appropriate market fit, Contract Research Orgs, and transformed the pricing from direct sales to subscription (SaaS).
- Led the creation of a SPAC that resulted in a $2.6 billion IPO of an Entertainment Co. To achieve this, we closely worked with the SPAC founders to identify a target co, conduct due diligence, and syndicate investors, and private equity groups.
- Designed a digital account segmentation tool for a F100 CPG Co. The client had 300,000+ accounts and had no visibility at the C-suite level to define brand activations. Our tool was rolled out to the entire United States and then globally.
- Completed several transactions totaling +$100 million for a Top-5 Telco for the past 5 years by helping our client identify acquisition targets, conducting due diligence, and aiding in negotiations.
Senior Investment Banking Analyst
Bulltick Capital Markets
- Restructured a $7-billion debt resulting in $100 million yearly savings for the state of Mexico.
- Designed a $35-million JV between a major private college and Mexico's largest fitness company.
- Structured and placed a $25-million mezzanine loan for an Italian hospitality firm.
- Led the valuation and due diligence for the largest direct response TV company in Mexico leading to the sale of the company for $90 million to a global PE group.
Senior Associate Consultant
Bain & Company
- Worked at Bain's private equity practice which helped global private equity firms with commercial and financial due diligence projects, market assessments, and product and price benchmarks in several sectors including Software, CPGs, and so on.
- Spun off successfully the financial services division of a Spanish energy company for US$150 million to GE Capital. Was responsible for conducting product and price benchmarks, generating a valuation of the company, etc.
- Led a global benchmark by region of the services offered to small-and-medium enterprises for a US global bank. Designed and redefined the firm’s global strategy for the sector.
- Identified and implemented levers in the credit card division (activation, utilization, and retention—AUR model) that exceeded US$90 million in additional earnings for a global Spanish bank.
- Developed a price-demand elasticity model for the largest beer bottler in Panama. Proved that the demand was inelastic. Presented the results to the CEO and avoided a price reduction that saved tens of millions to the company every year.
- Quantified and realized US$100 million in synergies/savings between the largest soft drink company in Mexico and a juice company during a post-merger integration project that occurred immediately after the company's acquisition.
Procter & Gamble
- Served as the Tampax brand manager for Mexico and was selected as the only co-op responsible for leading a brand (instead of acting as an assistant brand manager).
- Launched the Tamapx Compak line and increased revenues by +30% (YOY) for the brand.
- Designed and launched all marketing activities for Tampax including new product launches, brand activations, and was in charge of implementing strategies to capture additional share of market.
Certified MBA (CMBA) Degree in Business Administration
INSEAD - Fontainebleau, France
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
ITAM - Mexico City, Mexico
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring