Verified Expert in Design
Danielle is a user-centered professional with over 10 years of experience and an innovative approach to idea and concept development. She has a history of success providing creative direction and management, leading strategy, and innovative interfaces at tech-forward, product-driven companies. Danielle has specialized in fintech, enterprise Sass, and Medtech, designing interfaces that serviced over 300 million users.
St Jude Cloud | Cancer Research Tool
Bola Chat | Football Community Build on React
St. Jude Cloud
- Guided the development of higher-quality final products by improving cloud-based sample analysis for scientists, physicians, and researchers, resulting in new workflows and tools.
- Designed innovative systems to connect to the St. Jude Cloud ecosystem.
- Managed and visualized complex medical data, including genomic data.
- Created new workflows and tools for scientists, clinicians, and researchers to perform better sample analysis in the cloud.
- Led the development team and collaborated with some of the world's leading cancer researchers.
Head of Design
- Aided in the development of a new target market by conducting market research.
- Rebuilt the entire system within four months, working collaboratively with the development team.
- Enabled product innovation by conducting more than 40 consumer interviews.
- Facilitated business continuity and investment opportunities by assisting with capital-raising efforts and communicating directly with investors.
Head of Design
- Enhanced performance dramatically by constructing all design processes on Jira and reorganizing the design team.
- Functioned as the first-ever corporate head of design.
- Influenced design-led thinking across the business.
- Aided in corporate workforce expansion as Moonfare scaled from 70 to 300 employees.
Lead Product Designer
- Launched a new product with over one million visitors within its first year.
- Rebuilt the existing product using a modular system, optimizing the development time.
- Managed the project, providing a timeline, estimates, and milestones.
- Executed design implementation within three months by seamlessly collaborating with developers.
- Designed stunning user experiences that guide users to the end goal.
- Articulated my vision in each step such as user flows, rapid prototyping, wireframes, interactive demos, and more.
- Directed development with customization options needed in the WordPress CMS.
- Ran website audits to analyze current traffic, the success of the existing sitemap, SEO, and link quality.
- Provided CSS deliverables, front-end specifications, and assets to developer.
Colon Cancer Canada
- Obtained 500% growth of the business's Instagram page traffic in six months by spearheading marketing activities.
- Led an online cancer prevention campaign targeted at millennials.
- Contributed to an optimized end-user experience by building ingenious and sophisticated web solutions for a preventative campaign.
UX and Visual Product Designer
- Framed the design to be in line with our target market experiences around Android devices; used flows, colors, and copywriting that are meaningful and accessible to the target market.
- Recognized issues, problems, or opportunities within the current user interface and determined whether the action was needed.
- Targeted important areas for innovation within the interface and developed solutions that addressed these issues.
- Worked successfully in an iteration as per the Lean model.
- Designed an interface that was mindful of maintaining accessibility for older generations.
Lead UX Designer
- Led direct digital marketing initiatives, campaign creation, and branding programs.
- Designed a cross-platform, easy-to-use, secure encryption module.
- Created user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready designs.
- Reworked design ideas using internal analytics and third-party data.
Creative Digital Designer
- Led the product research on multiple Canadian technologies and looked for an opportunity to enhance the use of these technologies.
- Provided detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides.
- Consulted for young entrepreneurs; aiding them in finding a brand, look, and feel for their new companies.
- Managed internal communications while continuously researching new software that would enhance our current communication.
- Led design research and effectively communicated findings, conceptual ideas, and designs for products and services.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Design
Concordia University - Montreal, Canada
Certificate in Photography and Acting
Barnard College - New York City, NY, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring